Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's Totally a Thing: Football Players with Awesome Names

Hi there.

This year I'm celebrating the fall season (the best season, for all you nay-sayers) by getting older, wrapping up my Masters, dancing and auditioning on downtime, generally being broke due to no job because of said work on Masters, andofcoursefantasyfootball. 

This is my first year playingwhich means I did an excessive amount of unnecessary research consisting of ranking running backs in four different sets of tiers (it was my Mount Everest, guys, and it was called my "Wedding Cake of Running Backs"), as well as categorizing wide receivers and other players only to realize all that planning and effort goes out the proverbial window with yesterday's laundry once the draft itself actually starts.

The point of this ramble (I'm getting to it, I swear!) is that there are an excessive amount of football players who have unbelievably awesome names. Be it intentional or notthese names are gold, people. GOLD. 

Over the past five weeks I've been composing lists of players that I update just about every game day. I missed Sunday because I was drowning in lesson-planning, but never fearI'm back! (And fully dedicated to spreading the word on football players with awesome names).

Here are my lists from the opening of the season to last Thursday's NYG vs. Washington game from most recent to earliest to tide you over until Sunday:

September 25: This is Thursday Night Football brought to you by "Football Players with Awesome Names."

Today we tip our hats to the Giants' and Washington's defense:

Prince Amukamara
Walter Thurmond III
Jackson Jeffcoat
Bashaud Breeland
E.J. Biggers
Bacarri Rambo
Courtney Bridget
DaMon Cromartie-Smith

September 22: It's Monday Night Football, y'all.
Today's edition of "Football Players with Awesome Names" is brought to you by a few of the Chicago Bears' linemen:

Jermon Bushrod
Ego Ferguson, Jr.
Cornelius Washington

September 21: Today's edition of "Football Players with Awesome Names" is brought to you by a cluster of contenders:

Bishop Sankey
DJ Swearinger
Jadaveon Clowney

Today's "Blast From the Past" edition includes:

Dick Shiner (active 1964-1974)

September 14th: Today on Sunday's edition of "Football Players with Awesome Names":
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

September 8th: Tonight's edition of "Football Players with Awesome Names" is brought to you by:
Darius Slay

That's one hell of a last name you've got there, sir.

September 4: It's football season again, which means I'll be re-editing and adding to my "Football Players with Ridiculously Awesome Names" List.

Today we'll start with a veteran from the list: 

Julius Peppers.

It's just catchy, guys.


See you Thursday, guys. 'Till then, I send peace, love, and projected points.
-Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment